Re: Repost: Inaccurate function parameter location in debug info with gcc 3.x and 4.0

"Yi Feng" <ericyifeng@gmail.com> writes:

> [...]  I have encountered a problem with the DWARF debug info when
> compiling the kernel with gcc 3.x and 4.0 with optimization flags of
> either -O1 or -O2. When looking at the parameter locations of, for
> example, sys_read, the debug info says they are all in EAX [...]

Something must be very odd about your build or systemtap script, since
in general parameter access is working all right.  We even have a
sys_open-related test in the pass-5 test suite, and it succeeds on a
variety of kernel and compiler versions.

If you can share more details about what you're seeing (relevant
chunks of dwarf readelf data, script, "stap -vvvv" type output) ... we
may be able to help.