Re: how to avoid a lengthy man page of stapprobes(5)?

"Gui,Jian" <guij@cn.ibm.com> writes:

> We are documenting NFS and RPC tapsets into stapprobes(5) man
> page. But there are more than 60 probe points and each may have 3-5
> arguments. If we document them in the same way(names, introductions,
> arguments, argument descriptions) as we did for other tapsets, it will
> make the stapprobe man page too long.

I suspect the existing ones (like signal.*) could be made considerably
more compact.  The present formatting has too much white space and
lines are split too short.  I'll try to tighten one or two of them up
to see if enough improvement can be easily made.

> And  finally  the user  may  find  it  difficult to  find  something
> there. [...]

Even lacking something more complex, the man pager program's search
function should help.  Breaking the man page into subpages is also OK.