RE: FW: Re: pre-compiled systemtap modules - try2 feature request

For the next couple of years the security blessing is fairly simple. The
user cannot have root access to the file system, capture or read other users
passwords, impersonate another user, or bypass kernel auditing.

At this point our security personnel are not hard core programmers. They
follow industry guidelines and some other sources. The security people like
SystemTapGui because they can navigate the probes and functions we are using
in our scripts and get the basic idea of what is be tapped. We can get a
systemTap script approved for use very quickly. If we have to patch the
kernel to do the same thing, it may take a week to get approved.

-Dave