Re: 3 bugs found.

David Smith wrote:

[...]
I've found it. If I add '_raw_spin_unlock' to the blacklist (along with 'atomic_notifier_call_chain' and '_spin_unlock_irqrestore'), then probing kernel.function("*") works fine for me on x86.

David, thanks a bunch for narrowing it down to this small list.

Note that once again I'm not sure that is the correct fix (adding it to the blacklist), I just wanted to get past it.

I think our kprobes experts can now write a simple kprobes module to reproduce the problem and narrow it down further to see what is the fundamental problem. If it turns out something we can't change these functions or some call these functions make to be safe to probe we may be able to put magic __kprobes macro to prevent anyone stumbling into these functions via probes.

Do I hear any volunteers from the kprobe folks in the To list?