put probes on a specific line

Hi,

I ever thought that kernel.function("*@kernel/signal.c:734") will put a probe on line 734. But after testing and reading the stapprobes man page, that actually refers to any functions within the "kernel/signal.c" file that span line 734, i.e, it equals to kernel.function("send_signal"). So it seems to me the only way to put probe on a specific line is to use kernel.statements(0x....). But this is really troublesome and inconvenient for me. Sometimes I need to visit some local variables and their valid location range is beyond the function prologue, so using kernel.function(..@lineno) will complain not finding that variable.

So I think it is really helpful if kernel.function("*@kernel/signal.c:734") could act as I expected before, that is, it will put a probe on line 734 of signal.c. Or else SystemTap is of little help to probe somewhere inside a function and visit some of its local variables, and I think these are important for problem diagnosis.

- Guanglei