Re: [blktrace kernel patch] Separate out non-blktrace-specific code

Tom Zanussi wrote:
Tom Zanussi writes:
> This patch moves the non-block-specific code out of the core blktrace
> kernel code and moves it into a separate utt.* files, so that anyone
> can use it for generic tracing. It also adds a config option,
> CONFIG_UTT, and hooks up the remaining code in blktrace.c to use it.
> The accompanying userspace patch does the same thing for the userspace
> tools.

I should have mentioned that the kernel patch was against a recent git
kernel, and doesn't apply cleanly to a 2.6.18 stable kernel.  Here's a
patch against 2.6.18 stable.  I've only had time to compile-test it -
no time right now to do anything more, since I'm almost out the
door - hopefully it works...

Tom

FYI: I was able to patch a 2.6.18-based kernel (with this patch) & latest blktrace sources, and able to successfully capture traces and process them with UTT in place. This seems to work just fine for me.

Alan
PS. Dual-Opteron w/ U320 SCSI disk used for tracing...