RE: Summary of nightly testing 20061016 (failed to retrieve return value location)

> The tcptest.stp failed on most of the platforms. When trying to
compile
> the script by hand it gets a number of errors:
> 	"failed to retrieve return value location: identifier '$return'"
>
> For
> install/share/systemtap/tapset/tcp.stp:159:9
> install/share/systemtap/tapset/tcp.stp:129:9
>
> This is looking like there might be a problem with the
> debuginformation for some of the kernels.
>
> -Will

I could not reproduce any "$return" error on my boxes (ia32 & x86_64).
Looks like Bibo also had this problem earlier, not sure if he still sees
the issue, or if any resolution has been made.  See the thread below.

http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2006-q3/msg00130.html

http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2006-q3/msg00129.html

On the other hand, I do see the tcp_test.exp fails occasionally when TCP
traffic on the test machine is really low, so the test itself may be
part of the problem.  I just need to twist tcp_test.exp to send/receive
more packets when it is executed.  This should reduce the number of
failure, and perhaps isolate the cases where the real "$return" errors
appear.

Thang