Re: ioblock.stp major/minor number patch

Mike Mason <mmlnx@us.ibm.com> writes:

> The following patch adds major/minor number functions to the ioblock
> tapset.  I found them useful in a block IO script I'm writing.

Good stuff, it's especially nice to see the deref() protection.
To complete the work, the new functions will need documentation
in one of the stapprobes* man pages, and test case or two.
(Something triggering those deref_faults too please.)

> It also fixes a few misleading comments.

It sounds like you should get yourself CVS access so that you can
check in small & obvious things like that.  (See the web site for
details.)