Re: Anyone tried SystemTap with the latest RHEL5 Beta refresh

"Ken Robson" <ken@odtv.com> writes:

> [...]  To me it is valid to install minus the debuginfo files on
> almost all Production hosts.  I am experimenting with developing my
> scripts off box with my cache directory set to an exported read-only
> NFS share which is then mounted as the module cache directory on my
> Production boxes [...]

More than that - on such production boxes, you will need to install
only the "staprun" (formerly "stapd") binary, now separated into a
systemtap-runtime RPM.  For the moment though please be careful with
building probes for mismatching machines: the module address tables
are not yet fully adaptive.