Re: "stap -u" testing

Hi -

> I agree with optimizing away variables that aren't used in end user
> scripts.  That's the right default behavior. I realize there will
> always be cases where we can't access certain $target variables. I
> still think the tests should expose those cases, then we can
> determine if something can be done about it.  If we don't know
> there's a problem, we can't attempt to fix it. [...]

Yes, but *we do know* there is a problem.  It has been a fact of life
for probably 18 months.  Improvements are coming, but many of them are
conditional on platform, kernel, and compiler versions, and thus
constantly being reminded of them by a failing test case is not really
helpful.

If you prefer, you could add "kfail" flavoured dejagnu buildok test
cases for these.  At least those are relatively quiet.