Re: perfmon2?

Yeah so that's what I thought but it came up in a conversation and I wanted to go to "the source" to get my information before stating what I thought was true. My understanding of perfmon2 was such that I didn't think it could do what I currently do w/ kernel probes.

Sorry to derail the conversation, just wanted to get an answer from the horse's mouth.

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments (HPC-4)
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@lanl.gov

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Nathan DeBardeleben <ndebard@lanl.gov> writes:

I was told recently that kprobes will be going away in about a year
in the kernel to be replaced by perfmon2. [...]

Where did you hear that? The two technologies aren't substitutes for one another.