Re: updated uprobes patches

I didn't catch up on the threads from Ernie's review until after Jim posted
this new version.  I have not reviewed the current code in great detail.
Had I been active in the discussion a couple of weeks ago, I would have
expressed by strong opposition to keeping the mm_struct change.  I think
it's essential that the code be turned into an independent module requiring
no changes in the base kernel (unless they are changes to the formal utrace
interfaces).  From skimming the code, the mm_struct field seems to be the
only thing preventing it now.  This would also be a boon to developers
immediately, since they could hack on the modules using e.g. their standard
Fedora kernels already installed.  I believe the value of being a clean
module outweighs, in the short term for development, any performance
concerns arising about overeager deallocation, insufficient sharing, etc.
I'd say work with a modular version right away, sacrificing in the first
cut whatever you have to sacrifice to make it work as a separate module.
Then we'll get to further refinements like improving the sharing and reuse,
along with plenty more refinements in other areas that are just as pressing.

Thanks,
Roland