Re: ARM port of testsuite and general testsuite fixes

Quentin Barnes wrote:
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:01:33AM -0500, David Smith wrote:
Quentin Barnes wrote:
The ARM version of the test suite of 20070602 just completed.  I'll
post the specifics later.  With the earlier patches plus the patch
below, here's the summary using a 2.6.21.1 kernel in case anyone's
curious:

=======
               === systemtap Summary ===

# of expected passes            277
# of unexpected failures        37
# of unexpected successes       1
# of expected failures          129
# of known failures             7
# of untested testcases         30
# of unsupported tests          3
=======

Of course it is amazing that you got this working at all, but 37 failures is still quite high.

Some of them are due to my kernel configuration. I run a stripped down kernel with many things configured off. I've noticed some failures were relying on features being enabled. I've gone back and turned on some of these, but not all. Also, I don't know how many of them are due the tests needing updating to later kernels.

Here's the list of my tests failures:

I'll comment on a few test cases that I'm familiar with.

=======
$ egrep '^(FAIL|XPASS)' systemtap.log
FAIL: BASIC2 wasn't cached
FAIL: OPTION2 wasn't cached
FAIL: BULK2 wasn't cached
FAIL: MERGE2 wasn't cached
FAIL: RUNTIME2 wasn't cached
FAIL: BASIC4 wasn't cached

Hmm, those are odd. Those are related to caching problems, which should be platform agnostic. Can you send me the full log of the run of systemtap.base/cache.exp?

FAIL: OVERLOAD2 didn't receive expected overload

This one probably needs adjusting for arm. It expects the background system processing to cause the systemtap script to overload (since the overload parameters have been dramatically lowered).

Can you send me the full log of the run of systemtap.base/overload.exp?

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com