Re: [Bug runtime/4654] New: stap couldn't work because RHEL4.5 kernel 2.6.9-22.0.2.EL is missing linux/sort.h

eteo at redhat dot com wrote:
> I was trying to use SystemTap on RHEL4.5, but I could not. It looks like the
> runtime/transport/symbols.c file requires the linux/sort.h kernel header, but it
> was not backported to kernel-2.6.9-22.EL. I tried downgrading SystemTap but it
> did not work as well (probably another bug). Upgrading the kernel may not be an
> option in some big companies. Is it possible to make SystemTap more "portable"
> by avoiding using kernel headers only for the later kernel versions?

What I did right now to resolve the issue, is to duplicate the sort routine (with the
credits) into symbols.c since it is the only place that uses it, and rebuild the rpms. If
this solution is acceptable, I would make a patch for it to be included.

Eugene