Re: proposed instruction trace support in SystemTap

Hi -

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 08:46:19AM -0400, grundy wrote:

> [...]  Maybe we could support two levels of disarmed? One would be
> probepoints removed as discussed, the other could be probe points
> in, complete handler not firing (just enough to say "we're not
> active" and return).

The latter is essentially the same as having an "if" conditional
within the probe handler - after all, we're already paying the price
of dispatching the exception.  What I'm proposing is that we allow it
*outside* too, to represent the former case.