Re: uprobes: keep thread blocked after the handler returns

Octavian Purdila wrote:
Hi all,

Is there a way to keep the thread blocked after the uprobe handler returns?
The scenario in which this can be usefull is when we want to do the probing from userspace.

I know it can be done with utrace, but I think is more convenient to do it directly from uprobes.

Thanks,
tavi
Why not just prevent the handler from returning until you want the thread to unblock? The handler could sleep on something trigger from user space.