Re: Tests that require 'modprobe <module>'

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Mike Mason <mmlnx@us.ibm.com> writes:

I'd like to add some tests that require certain modules be inserted
(specifically nfs & rpc).  Where's the best place in the test
framework to do modprobe?

What to these particular tests do differently if the probed modules are loaded? buildok tests work just as well.

Hmm... you're right. I was thinking the module had to be loaded to do any kind of test. Obviously that's wrong. Never mind :-)

If we ever want to test the insertion of a kprobe into a particular module, that module would obviously have to be loaded, but I'm just trying to do build testing.

Mike