Re: [Bug uprobes/5079] runtime/uprobes: stap module exit w/ outstanding uretprobe_instances

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 01:19 +0000, fche at redhat dot com wrote:
> ------- Additional Comments From fche at redhat dot com  2007-09-30 01:19 -------
> Would packaging this as a stacked module fix this?
> (It could be built & insmod'd separately, from sources still kept
> within the systemtap install tree (even its current location), then
> insmod'd and referred-to from systemtap modules.)

Yes, that would simplify things greatly for us.  Uprobes-as-module has
been working for 3 months or so.*  We also wouldn't need the uprobes_data hook.

*Well, it does great when we insmod uprobes.ko and never rmmod it, which
is presumably how SystemTap would use it.  "Rmmod uprobes" doesn't clean
things up the way it should, and we need to ref-count the module for
outstanding uretprobe_instances.  I'll file a bugzilla on that on
Monday.

Jim