Re: C label probes

I don't think label support has been implemented yet. We should remove this from the documentation until it is. For now, to probe within a function you need to specify the source line number (e.g., kernel.statement("*@kernel/sched.c:2917")).

Mike

Haley Thrapp wrote
Section 4.2 of the language reference indicates that C labels can be used as probe points and that the specifications for a probe point can be used in combination. I was under the impression I could specify the C label with the '.statement'. I attempted to use the following line:

probe kernel..function("do_generic_mapping_read").statement("page_ok")

semantic error: probe point mismatch at position 2 (alternatives: call inline return) while resolving probe point kernel.function("do_generic_mapping_read").statement("page_ok")

Can someone correct me on how I can specify the C label "page_ok" in mm/filemap.c in function do_generic_mapping_read ?

Thanks, Haley Thrapp