Re: Results of systemtap-20071124 snapshot on s390x

David Wilder wrote:
> David Smith wrote:
>> David Wilder wrote:
>>> FAIL: K_MARKER04 compilation failed
>>
>> I've been meaning to ask about this for awhile, so here goes.  What
>> kernel is this using (and does this kernel have marker support)?  If
>> your kernel has markers, this could fail if the first marker found has
>> no arguments.  If your kernel doesn't have marker support, this test
>> shouldn't be run.
>>

> I forgot to put the kernel version in the test report.  I am running
> 2.4.24-rc3.  And CONFIG_MARKERS is "y".  I plan to take a look at the
> failure in the next day or so.  I will let you know what I find.

Since your kernel does have markers, then I'll bet the first marker that
the test found doesn't actually have an argument (K_MARKER04 tests
whether the first argument can be accessed).

Can you post the K_MARKER04 section of systemtap.log?

If your problem is that the first marker found doesn't have an argument,
I'll need to look at changing the test somehow.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com