Re: [RFC] SystemTap FAQ

<quote sender="Eugene Teo">
> > 1) I have installed SystemTap but am getting a "semantic error: libdwfl
> > failure (missing kernel debuginfo): No such file or directory", when I
> > try to run a script. What am I missing? How do I fix it?
>
> There was a problem processing the debugging information. It may simply
> be missing, or may have some consistency / correctness problems. Later
> compilers tend to produce better debugging information, so if you can
> upgrade and recompile your kernel/application, it may help.
>
> Ref: http://sources.redhat.com/systemtap/tutorial/node27.html

On RHEL/Fedora, it is missing the kernel-debuginfo rpm.

For RHEL, you can find the rpm at: http://people.redhat.com/duffy/debuginfo.
For Fedora, you can run: yum --enablerepo=fedora-debuginfo install kernel-debuginfo

17) How can I find a list of blacklisted functions?

You can run:
stap -vvv -e 'probe kernel.function("*") {}' -p4 2>&1 | grep blacklisted

Eugene