Re: systemtap probe points for Xen hypervisor

"Peter Teoh" <htmldeveloper@gmail.com> writes:

>>  My target of interest will be to trace/analyze  the behavior of the
>>  Xen hypervisor, and the domX guest as well.
>
> Ooops....I just saw this in Usenix 2007 paper: Xenprobes: userspace
> probing framework.  So far, no download yet.  but I don't see much
> of a difference in feature from systemtap [...]

The xenprobes paper doesn't cite systemtap, only kprobes, which sounds
appropriate.  Xenprobes does not appear to probe the hypervisor per se
either.  It simply uses hypervisor-provided shortcuts to permit dom0
to probe domU siblings/subordinates, using algorithms and API styles
right out of k*probes.