Re: Systemtap with kernel markers?

Theodore Tso <tytso@mit.edu> writes:

> So in attempt to help out Arjan van de Ven on a recent problem that he
> posted on LKML, I patched ext4 with some markers (see attached patch).
> The markers are definitely found in the in the kernel:

That should "just work", as of many months ago.

> semantic error: no match while resolving probe point kernel.mark("ext4_sync_file")
> [...]
> Any suggestions [...]

The marker interface code uses the Module.markers file generated by
modpost to get a list of available markers.  Perhaps this file is not
being found (in which case our code should emit a proper error
message).  Can you find the Module.markers file by hand?  Can you try
stracing stap to see if it found it?