Re: Fwd: please help

"siddharam suresh" <siddharam.s.t@gmail.com> writes:

> i want visualize what all the stuffs happening inside the Linux kernel
> when this program is executed [...]

> is it possible to put break points in side the my program using the
> system tap

This part is fine.

> i want to visualize what are system calls and kernel data
> structure used by particular statement.

This part is too vague.  You can express some call graph tracing
reasonably easily in systemtap, but there are still problems with
kprobes placed in senstive spots in the kernel.  This script:

stap para-callgraph.stp \
     'kernel.function("*@fs/*")' \             <-- broad but not too broad
     'process("a.out").function("printf")' \
     -c a.out

gives me lots of data, far more though than you probably really want.
As to what data structures are used -- that's a whole different animal.