Re: help needed to probe own modules

Kai_Wong <kai_wong@symantec.com> writes:

> [...]
> However, for a module, vxlogmod, that I made and added using insmod and
> showed up under lsmod:
> [root@srlglm1 vxlog]#lsmod
> Module                  Size  Used by
>  ... <snipped> ...
> vxlogmod              317560  1 vxglm
>
> stap gave the following error:
> # stap -e 'probe module("vxlogmod").function("*") {}'
> semantic error: no match for probe point while resolving probe point
> module("vxlogmod").function("*")
> [...]

You need to find out where vxlogmod.ko's debugging data is.  If your
build system does not strip it, it should still be in there.  Then you
just need to copy it to a place where systemtap will look for it by
default (such as /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ANYTHING), or make systemtap
look for it where you do have it (by adding the directory to the
SYSTEMTAP_DEBUGINFO_PATH environment variable appropriately; see
stap.1 for the default).