Re: Simple script to grab and install the appropriate kernel RPMs

William Cohen wrote:
> David Smith wrote:
>> William Cohen wrote:

> Thanks, David for the script. Did you try to use the yum_kdebug.sh
> script for cross compiling examples? I noticed when trying to use "yum
> install" that yum would complain about installing kernels older than the
> currently installed kernel.

I've never seen yum complain about installing kernel debuginfo for older
kernels, but I also doubt I've done that operation much.  I might have a
vague memory of that happening, if so I would have just removed the
newer debuginfo by hand and run the script again.

> I would like to revise the stapprep.sh scrip to handle fedora repos
> correctly. There is the DEBUGINFOREPO variable that should be set
> appropriate for the various fedoras.

BTW, there is really no point in my keeping the older fc5/fc6 stuff in
my script,  I just haven't bothered taking it out.

You can certainly see how I'm handling the fedora repos by looking at my
script.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com