Re: Discussion at Linux Foundation Japan Symposium

> There are only a few places where it can go; one is
> /boot/Module.marker-<kver>; another is
> /lib/modules/<kver>/Module.markers.  The last
> place is /lib/modules/<kver>/build/Module.marker .

The latter is where Fedora kernel rpms put it (this places it in the
kernel-devel subpackage, the one required for compiling loadable modules).
The logic was that Module.symvers is there also, and--at least at the
time--markers were another thing used only in building a kernel module, so
seemed similar.  If it's desireable to standardize on one of the other
locations as preferable, we can certainly change the Fedora packaging
however is most useful.

Thanks,
Roland