Re: Discussion at Linux Foundation Japan Symposium

> Would you mean you can release a usable prototype in two months
> if no trouble? Great!

We'll see how it goes.

> Sorry about confusing you.
> I just mean that we'd better notify users who are suffered from
> huge debuginfo that there is a plan to make a tool which can compress
> the debuginfo (and they can use it soon).

Ok.  I think we have been saying for a long time that this is a likely
solution and one we intended to have at some point.  Until there is
something concrete to show, I wouldn't like to start offering new
promises about it.

> Unless that, we will waste time on finding another way to solve this
> issue :(.

I don't know that one solution is going to address all of everyone's
concerns, and certainly the initial versions will have some trade-offs
that won't suit some.  I wouldn't necessarily say that the presence of
this effort should preclude exploring other approaches.

Thanks,
Roland