LWN: A Systemtap update

Hi,

My article for LWN "A Systemtap update" was published:
http://lwn.net/Articles/315022/

Even though it is tugged away on the kernel page I tried to show
Systemtap moved beyond the kernel and provides complete system
observability now (all examples and code snippets work out of the box on
Fedora 10). At the end I tried to explain some of the other work that is
being doing around debugging and tracing that will hopefully help us
integrate even more stuff (elfutils dwarf framework, gcc vta branch,
froggy/archer, the user-space breakpoint support layer) to show it is
all connected to provide a better debugging and tracing environment for
GNU/Linux.

It was written about 3 weeks ago and it already feels somewhat dated
(more recent successes with the dtrace compatible static markers, more
lkml integration efforts with ftrace and upstreaming tracepoints, etc
are all missing). Which just means we are working pretty hard :)

Please do feel free to comment on the article at the URL above if there
are any mistakes, omissions or other silliness in it.

Cheers,

Mark