Re: postgres/mysql tests

On 09/09/2009 10:54 AM, Stan Cox wrote:
> There are now tests for postgres and mysql in the testsuite.  The tests
> fetch the source from upstream, build with markers, run package tests
> and verify the tests pass and markers are hit.  Currently postgres is
> built with uprobes, kprobes, and utrace and mysql is built with
> uprobes.  The tests take approximately 30 minutes to run, so currently
> the tests  are only scheduled to run if the environment variable
> SYSTEMTAP_TEST_SDT is set.  Currently the verbose option will keep the
> postgres/mysql trees from being removed.
> e.g. SYSTEMTAP_TEST_SDT=1 RUNTESTFLAGS='postgres.exp -v' make installcheck

Stan,

I ran these on a rhel5-ia64 box and got the following results:

====
Running
/discer.hsv/es/scratch/dsmith/systemtap/src/testsuite/systemtap.base/mysql.exp
FAIL: mysql (timeout)
Running
/discer.hsv/es/scratch/dsmith/systemtap/src/testsuite/systemtap.base/postgres.exp
FAIL:  postgres tests utrace
PASS:  postgres markers utrace
FAIL:  postgres tests kprobe
PASS:  postgres markers kprobe
FAIL:  postgres tests uprobe
PASS:  postgres markers uprobe
====

I've attached the (compressed) log file.  Nothing immediate jumped out
at me when I looked at it, but you'll probably be able to see more than
I did.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com