Re: proc memory statistics tapset

On 10/09/2009 05:54 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
I think your paranoia is ok to make sure there's a meaningful mm.  I was
more interested in what you meant by "coopted by" -- in which cases
could a kernel thread pop in without changing current to itself?

Normally kernel threads don't have an associated mm struct. But they can "coopt" one from a user thread (for example when doing aio on behave of some process), then current->mm != NULL, but current->flags still has PT_KTHREAD. IMHO we should not report such mm sizes.

Ah, so it's about a borrowed mm. That makes sense, thanks.

Josh