SystemTap LiveCD (LiveDVD?) creation for F-12/Rawhide

After Fedora-12 Beta release I created an updated kickstart file for making a
LiveCD image. The attached fedora-livecd-stap.ks is an update to produce a
livecd spin that has systemtap on it. It also makes the liveuser member of the
stapdev and stapuser groups, so the default live user can run the examples.

With fedora-live-base.ks in the same directory as the fedora-livecd-stap.ks file
 running the following command as root will create an iso image:

livecd-creator --config=fedora-livecd-stap.ks \
--fslabel=Fedora-Rawhide-StapCD --cache=/var/cache/live

The kickstart file started with the fedora-livecd-desktop.ks file and no attempt
was made to squeeze the iso to fit on a CDROM. As a result the image is large,
about 1.1GB. However, it is still small enough to put on a USB Flash device or
use with qemu-kvm. I was able to run the resulting iso on qemu-kvm. One possible
application of the spin would be to provide a simple quickly set up an
environment to allow people to demo systemtap.

Another possible use for this image creation would be for Fedora Test Days.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days

Like sugar on a stick:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-09-03

However, it might be easier to just create an RPM that pulls in other things. An
exampls of this is the power management test day:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-10-22

-Will

# Maintained by the Fedora Desktop SIG:
# http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Desktop
# mailto:fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com

# To compose against the current release tree, use the following "repo" (enabled by default)
#repo --name=released-debug --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-debug-12&arch=$basearch
# To include updates, use the following "repo" (enabled by default)
#repo --name=updates-debug --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-debug-f12&arch=$basearch

# To compose against rawhide, use the following "repo" (disabled by default)
repo --name=rawhide-debug --mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide-debug&arch=$basearch

%include fedora-live-base.ks

part / --size 8192 --fstype ext4

%packages
@games
@graphical-internet
@graphics
@sound-and-video
@gnome-desktop
nss-mdns
NetworkManager-vpnc
NetworkManager-openvpn
# we don't include @office so that we don't get OOo.  but some nice bits
abiword
#gnumeric
#planner
#inkscape

# avoid weird case where we pull in more festival stuff than we need
festival
festvox-slt-arctic-hts

# dictionaries are big
-aspell-*
-hunspell-*
-man-pages*
-words

# save some space
-gnome-user-docs
-gimp-help
-gimp-help-browser
-gimp-data-extras
-evolution-help
-gnome-games
-gnome-games-help
-nss_db
-vino
-isdn4k-utils
-dasher
-evince-dvi
-evince-djvu
# not needed for gnome
-acpid
-wget

# these pull in excessive dependencies
-ekiga
-tomboy
-f-spot

# drop some system-config things
-system-config-boot
-system-config-language
-system-config-lvm
-system-config-network
-system-config-rootpassword
-system-config-services
-policycoreutils-gui

# Material added for systemtap tutorial
kernel-devel
kernel-debuginfo
systemtap
systemtap-testsuite
systemtap-client
systemtap-server
systemtap-sdt-devel
%end

%post
cat >> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys << EOF
# disable screensaver locking
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s -t bool /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled false >/dev/null
# set up timed auto-login for after 60 seconds
cat >> /etc/gdm/custom.conf << FOE
[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=liveuser
TimedLoginDelay=60
FOE

#allow liveuser to create and run stap scripts
usermod -a -G stapdev,stapusr liveuser

EOF

%end