probing C++, Java, etc.

I'm going to be talking about uprobes again at next week's LF
Collaboration Summit, and I want to mention how SystemTap is using it
for stuff other than the obvious C probing.

We can exploit dtrace static probe definitions, as described in the
dtrace(1) man page.

I've seen several references to using it to probe Java apps via probes
in the virtual machine.  Is bugzilla #11106 a good reference for this?

Has the stap team done anything special to support C++ tracing -- e.g.,
name demangling, convenient access to C++ string values?

Any other languages I should mention, besides C?  Any other neat stap
features that build on uprobes?

Thanks.
Jim