Re: testsuite status

On 05/20/2010 01:44 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> With current git (release-1.2-157-g00130b8) I get the following
> for 'make check'.  Is this the expected status quo, or is there
> something wrong with my build?

There's something wrong with your build.  On my
2.6.34-0.49.rc7.git0.fc14.x86_64 rawhide vm, I only get 1 unexpected
failure from the 'buildok' testsuite, where they almost all failed for you.

Try something simple like:

# stap -vp4 -e 'probe begin { printf("hello world\n") }'

Then try something harder like:

# stap -vp4 -e 'probe syscall.read { printf("read %d bytes\n", count) }'

> Also, I'm interested in a slightly different regression testing scenario.
> I'm doing some internal changes that should not affect output at all.  So
> what I'd like to do is not even bother with a 'make installcheck' or any
> dynamic tests, but instead run on a full set (as full as possible) of test
> scripts, but only translate them to C and save all those .c files.  Then I
> want to do that before and after a change, and see diffs on all the
> generated C files.  Is there a way to run the testsuite like that?

Hmm, not that I know of.  You might be able to:

- delete your cache directory (in the testsuite, not in your home dir)
- run the original code, then move the cache directory someplace
- compile your new code, run the testsuite
- compare old and new cache directories

The hard part here might be mapping a cached C file back to its original
script.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com