Re: [pcp] suitability of PCP for event tracing

----- "Greg Banks" <gnb@evostor.com> wrote:

> Mark Goodwin wrote:
> > On 09/01/2010 05:49 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> >> For the web-based frontend issue, yeah, javascript+svg+etc. sounds
> >> most promising, especially if it can be made to speak the native wire
> >> protocol to pmdc.  [pmcd]Â
> It certainly could do, but for firewall and AJAX friendliness I'd vote
> for wrapping it in HTTP, XML-RPC style.
> push all the brains out to JS code in the browser, and create a very
> simple stateless HTTP-to-PCP protocol bridge daemon to allow PCP data
> to be shipped from pmcd to frontend code as either XML or JSON. ÂModern
> browsers have sufficiently fast and functional JS engines that this is

That echo's my thoughts, we should be able to extend pmproxy to do this
too - instead of simply proxying native protocol, it could convert from
XML/JSON client requests on the front end to regular PCP protocol on the
backend (optionally, and only if the client requests come in that way so
existing proxy protocol unchanged).  Then we wouldn't need a new daemon,
etc.

cheers.

--
Nathan