Re: sdt-types tests

> I lifted that option list verbatim from sdt.exp.  I'll change both
> sdt.exp and sdt_misc.exp to use this refined list.

Cool.

> > That produced no regressions, but since the problematic case didn't fail
> > before,
>
> Hmm,  it has always tried to catch a failing compile via:
>   set res [target_compile...if { $res != "" } {

Ah, there is something going hinky with runcheck.  The compile used
-isystem$top_srcdir/testsuite -isystem/usr/local/include when it should
have used something different.  Hmm, maybe I never made runcheck do
special magic for the include dirs.

> I have an at job that tests on ppc.  I'll try RHEL5 here at RDU.

Great.

> The register variants are recognized but nothing further is done; I'll
> add that.

Unfortunately I think the only reliable way to test these will be using
machine-specific hand-coded assembly (or perhaps inline asm).

Thanks,
Roland