Re: ERROR and WARNINGS

Hoi Hans-Peter,

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 10:15 +0100, Sloot, Hans-Peter wrote:
> When running the script below it stops after some time while giving the
> error and warnings further below.
> Am I doing something wrong or is it unavoidable?

In general a systemtap prevents scripts from overloading resources. So
it will shut down when it sees the script is using excessive time or
resources. Most of these limits are tunable though. See an overview
here: http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/TipExhaustedResourceErrors
In your case it seems there are too many kretprobes (kernel function
return probes) active at the same time. You should be able to raise that
limit by running with stap -DKRETACTIVE=nnn

Groetjes,

Mark