Re: error to run systemtap in an ARM platform

Hello,

On 07/18/11 13:09, William Cohen wrote:
On 07/18/2011 03:01 PM, Da Zheng wrote:
Hi,

I got another problem. I tried to compile the example desktop.stp in the website, but failed.
Do you have a pointer to where you got the desktop.stp script? Is that disktop.stp in the systemtap examples?
Yes, http://sourceware.org/systemtap/examples/io/disktop.stp
Did you compile your kernel with the debug information available?

CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y

Also from what I recall some kernel can just include file and line number information, with
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_REDUCED. That is turned off in the kernel .config?
Yes, I have checked .config in /build/tegra2_seaboard/tmp/portage/sys-kernel/chromeos-kernel-9999/work/chromeos-kernel-9999/build/tegra2_seaboard, where my kernel is compiled.
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO is on and CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO_REDUCED is turned off.
I think this is not a problem.
BTW, I think the latest version in the git repository has another bug.
If I run ./configure; make, I get
cscommon.h:7:17: error: ssl.h: No such file or directory
I don't know what I should install to have ssl.h
I already have
/usr/include/nss/ssl.h
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h

It can be compiled if I use --disable-server. However, in my cross compiling environment, even though I have already used --disable-server, I still get the same compilation error.

Thanks,
Da
You do a "make distclean" and "configure ..." on your cross compiling machine to get rid of the dependencies in .deps. I think that be stale and the reason why you are gitting that error.
I have done "make distclean", but I still get the error :(

Best,
Da