Re: RFC: improve build-id mismatch error reporting

Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> writes:
> We should also include release/UTS_RELEASE in the output, it isn't the
> package version, but at least gives a hint of the kernel version
> involved.

The code compares UTS_RELEASE first and only then looks at
UTS_VERSION. Do you still think it makes sense to print UTS_RELEASE in
the UTS_VERSION mismatch case? (as in that case UTS_RELEASE matched
correctly).

> Only issue is that as the patch already implies, in the past this header
> was under include/linux/compile.h instead of
> include/generated/compile.h. We might need a runtime/autoconf check for
> that.

Autoconf test won't work since kernel versions can change after
systemtap has been built?

I looked around a bit but I'm not quite sure how to test this runtime.