Re: Met Problem on Enable SystemTap on Android

On 09/27/2011 07:25 AM, Turgis, Frederic wrote:
> Not sure this is same use case but "adb shell cat xxx" or "adb shell
> xxx" performed on my host is expected to run the right thing on
> target.

The difference is whether that remote command needs stdin from the host.
For "adb shell cat" with no file argument, it should be copying stdin to
stdout, but it receives nothing.

> For example, I could do "adb shell /data/systemtapxxx/bin/staprun
> /data/systemtapxxx/test.ko" and get ouput directly on my host (but I
> prefer dumping in a tmpfs then pull on host). This is silicon vendor
> dev platform and not phone.

So when we do stap --remote, we launch a stapsh that needs to go back
and forth with a few queries -- what's your uname, upload this file,
start staprun.  If stdin isn't working, this gets nowhere.

> I still have previous mail in my Inbox to have a look but this is
> not top of my list :-(

No problem, it's just moving back down my list too. :)

Josh