usertap kernel read faults - can I ignore them somehow?

I'm having an issue with our usertap tapset (https://github.com/fubralimited/usertap) on a high-load server where trying to find an IP address for a particular socket is causing systemtap to crash out on a kernel read fault. This tapset always builds and runs on a low-traffic server, but after testing on one of our high-traffic nodes it sometimes builds and runs without a problem, and sometimes refuses to build at all.

There's a gist of the error we're getting here: https://gist.github.com/1404868. The relevant line we're getting is:

ERROR: kernel read fault at 0x0000000100000264 (addr) near identifier '@cast' at /usr/share/systemtap/tapset/ip.stp:45:11

I presume that that file is called/included by the usertap tapset as it's asking for the IP address associated with a socket, but this seems to be causing an error in certain situations (presumably where it's requesting an IP address for something that doesn't have one). Is there any way I can tell our systemtap script to silence or ignore the call for the IP address if that lookup fails, so that it will start anyway like it does normally?

System info:
systemtap-runtime-1.4-6.el6_1.2.x86_64
kernel-2.6.32-131.17.1.el6.x86_64

Source code for usertap: