Re: Test suite results for ARM with uprobes

On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 08:20 -0700, Wade Farnsworth wrote:
> >> FAIL: semok/config_number.stp [semantic error: probe point mismatch
> at
> >> position 0]
> >
> > This one PASSes for me.
> > What is CONFIG_NR_CPU set to for your kernel?
> > It is set to 2 for me.
> >

> CONFIG_SMP is not set, so CONFIG_NR_CPU doesn't exist in my config
> file.
>   Maybe stap treats that as being equal to zero?

Yep it does. Although I am not sure it is meant to. It uses strtoll to
convert the empty string "", which returns zero, then it checks if errno
is set and it isn't, even though the man page says "The  implementation
may also set errno to EINVAL in case no conversion was performed (no
digits seen, and 0 returned)."

I don't know what is preferred. I could change the code to barf on an
empty string in a CONFIG_ numerical comparison, then we would need to
change the testcase to pick some other CONFIG_ option which is always
set. I think this is the most sane, but it is a slight change in how
things worked before (I think by accident).

Or we could accept that numerical comparisons of CONFIG_ options which
aren't set compare to zero and then we change the testcase to also
accept that CONFIG_NR_CPU == 0.

Opinions?

Thanks,

Mark