Re: automated way to find functions that we might want to blacklist

On 01/19/2012 05:10 AM, Sami Liedes wrote:
> Is there a way to blacklist a single place where one of these is
> inlined? I don't think blacklisting the offending function where these
> are inlined would prevent the crash with 'probe
> kernel.function("hash_64") {}'. Or would it?

Currently, we don't.  We do check whether the inlined address is
anywhere within a __kprobes-marked function, but the name comparison is
only done on the inline function itself.  We could enhance this though,
because that nesting hierarchy is present in DWARF.