Re: systemtap support arm?

Hi srikar,

It's nice to meet you here in this systemtap mailling list beyond LKML. :-)

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Srikar Dronamraju
<srikar@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>> This is my first contact systemtap@sourceware.org, I have a question
>> about uprobe support in systemtap of ARM architecture.
>>
>> I got this from NEWS:
>>
>> - arm now have a uprobes port which enables user probes. This still
>>   requires some kernel patches (user_regsets and tracehook support for arm).
>>
>> But there don't have arm uprobe porting in Linux kernel mainline right
>> now(only x86), so where is this arm uprobes kernel part? Thanks.
>>

> No we dont have a uprobes ported of ARM ported to Mainline.
>
> Let me know if you are interested in porting it to arm.

I assume YES, uprobe is a useful feature in mainline, arm support is
quite needed as a large user base, like
cellphone, telecom basestation, etc, a lot of company and users are
waiting for this feature.

I'm not quite sure if there already have some similar arm porting work
on uprobe(that's the purpose of this mail),
but if there don't have any arm uprobe availabe in systemtap or other
project, I think I can try it.

.jovi