same kernel working with 1 userspace filesystem and not with another one (Android IceCreamSandwich and JellyBean)

Hi,

We are starting an investigation but maybe someone would have an idea.
- kernels (K3.0 and K3.4) have an issue with Android JellyBean OS
   * probing tracepoints works well (we monitor IRQs)
   * probing functions does not work, it seems that nothing happens in that case (we just do a print, we only get tracepoints prints)
   * at test start, we get now "WARNING: build-id address 0 < base 0"

- same kernel with Android ICS OS works OK. Same kernel exactly so same build of script

- staprun/stapio are statically linked so would have in theory no link with userspace. So the difference between the 2 OSes would be insmod but not sure that makes sense. I guess we should try ICS insmod in JB.

Any clue ? How can userspace influence systemtap if tool is statically built ?

Regards
Fred

OMAP Platform Business Unit - System Platform Engineering - Platform & Product Entitlement

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 12.654.784