how to discover description of error which terminated run

Recently my system tap runs have been terminating abruptly during a run,
(long after the start of the subject workload so not initialisation-related,
?but also long before the workload itself ends)
and printing something like this at the end:

WARNING: Number of errors: 1, skipped probes: 0
WARNING: /usr/local/bin/staprun exited with status: 1
Pass 5: run completed in 20usr/30sys/55140real ms.
Pass 5: run failed.? Try again with another '--vp 00001' option.
Keeping temporary directory "/tmp/stapOlPtXe"

Prior to this it has successfully and correctly printed all the output from all probes
hit till then (they are all user probes by the way? -? I am not using the kprobe)

It has the look of hitting some resource limit but I can't be sure.
How can I get stap to tell me the description of the error which occurred?
(and also of course make it continue )

This is system tap pulled from git yesterday (4 December 2012)
compiled against elfutils-0.152 ,?? running under a linux amd-64 3.6.6
?
John Lumby