Re: problems with sched tapset on ubuntu precise 3.2.0

On 05/08/2013 06:25 AM, Thiago Manel wrote:
> Systemtap translator/driver (version 1.6/0.152 non-git sources)
> Copyright (C) 2005-2011 Red Hat, Inc. and others
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> enabled features: AVAHI LIBSQLITE3 NSS BOOST_SHARED_PTR TR1_UNORDERED_MAP NLS
> Created temporary directory "/tmp/stapNw4kVW"
> Session arch: x86_64 release: 3.2.0-23-generic

Actually, the problem may just be stap 1.6 versus kernel 3.2.  Looking
back at our release notes, the first we had tested with any 3.x kernel
was stap 1.7.

And specifically with tracepoints, back then we used to try to compile
all discovered tracepoint headers together, which we've since decided is
too fragile.  If any of them are broken (and they often neglect
dependent headers), then we'd fail to discover any tracepoints at all.
These days we test each tracepoint header separately to avoid this.

So if you can try with a newer systemtap build, I think you'll have
better luck.  And if so, perhaps file a bug in Ubuntu for this issue.