Questions regarding systemtap's C++ coding style

Hello!

I have some dumb questions regarding the C++ coding style used in the
systemtap project because there's lots of inconsistencies in the
current C++ code base.

1. For method/function declarations/definitions, is a white space
required between the function name and the opening parenthesis? For
example,

    void foreach_loop::print (ostream& o)

is the white space required between "foreach_loop::print" and "("? I'm
asking because I'm also seeing method declarations without a
whitespace in between, for instance,

    vector<Dwarf_Die>& getcuscope(target_symbol *e);

Also, how about function calls?

2. Should (expanded) whitespaces be used consistently for indentation?
I'm currently seeing a mixture of tabs and whitespaces.

3. Is it desired to update the code base to be more consistent in coding style?

Because I'd really like to contribute to systemtap, I want to be sure
about the project's coding style first :)

Thanks!
-agentzh