Re: Questions regarding systemtap's C++ coding style

agentzh <agentzh@gmail.com> writes:

> I have some dumb questions regarding the C++ coding style used in the
> systemtap project because there's lots of inconsistencies in the
> current C++ code base. [...]

We try not to worry about this too much.

> 1. For method/function declarations/definitions, is a white space
> required between the function name and the opening parenthesis? For
> example,
>     void foreach_loop::print (ostream& o)
> is the white space required between "foreach_loop::print" and "("? [...]
> Also, how about function calls?

We usually add a space.

> 2. Should (expanded) whitespaces be used consistently for indentation?
> I'm currently seeing a mixture of tabs and whitespaces.

As long as the tabs are usual 8-space ones, it doesn't matter.

> 3. Is it desired to update the code base to be more consistent in
> coding style?

I wouldn't say "desired", nor "undesired".  How about "indifferent"?

> Because I'd really like to contribute to systemtap, I want to be sure
> about the project's coding style first :)

Usually, matters other than whitespace govern the acceptability of
contributions.