Re: How do I trap the return of a function in a user space process?

On 09/09/2013 11:13 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> The problem is that clang generates both the foo declaration TAG and
> the actual foo subprogram TAG under the namespace and class_type TAG.

FWIW, on my system (with clang-3.3-0.6.rc3.fc19.x86_64) I get the second
subprogram within just the namespace, not the class.  Don't know if
yours is different, or maybe you just misread the indentation.  It would
be not quite so ugly if dwarf_getfuncs only had to descend into
namespace DIEs.

BTW, there is a similar problem with GCC nested functions, e.g. stap
can't see the deepen() functions in stap's own loc2c.c.  Iterating
namespaces wouldn't help here, not even adding class/struct, as these
DIEs are nested within other functions.